Friday, July 29, 2011

Final reflection

It's impossible to pick out one thing I've learned from taking this class, because I have learned a great deal. For a start, I'm much more confident with my use of technologies that I had a little knowledge of before, like googledocs. Friends of mine at Deering swear by it, and now I can see why. I think I'm most excited about now having my own wikispace, because I now feel like I've joined the 21st century. I suspect that I will have issues with continuing to develop it, but I know that I'm going to be working on it all the time so I should be able to work my way through them.
I know that I am also going to link back to your wikispace on a regular basis, if nothing else for all the tremendous links that you have included on it. I think what's most important is that I've experienced something of an attitude adjustment towards the use of technology in the classroom, and will be far more willing to use and take advantage of it during the coming school year. Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of this class this week, and for your expertise and patience, I have enjoyed it and found it remarkably worthwhile, unlike many of the USM classes I had to take while pursuing my Master's degree a while back.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew. Thanks for your feedback. I am glad we had time to get your wiki set up. You are correct that as you continue to use it, it will get easier to navigate. I think your students will appreciate it as well.
    I enjoyed your final project. I would recommend trying and adding one tool at a time and then build on each tool. That way you'll be able to work out the glitches as you go, one step at a time.
    I hope you have a great school year! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete