My speed geeking rendezvous was with Glogster. This enables one to produce what are effectively on-line posters which can include embedded video, text, sound, music, and drawing. Creating an account was simple and I believe would let me have 50 of my students use glogster for free - they were keen to take my money for upgrading my account, however. My biggest gripe was that despite them telling me how easy it was to use glogster, and how 4 year olds could create masterpieces with it, I found it difficult to put together my own poster. There were no actual step-by-step instructions as to how to include text or embed video, for example - everything was a matter of trial and error. With some help I was able to at least get started, but it was a frustrating experience.
Despite this, I think I might use glogster in the classroom. The site includes ready made glogs which I could show the students as examples (I could even claim I produced them!), and then I am confident that students would quickly overcome the difficulties I faced and create spectacular glogs on whatever topic I wanted them to present. I could set requirements about the different media that should be part of the glog, and assess accordingly. Students who dislike making oral presentations could essentially use the glog to do the speaking for them. I will investigate this when I return to Deering, and let you know how successful I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment